Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kim Kardashian: I went through a 'deep depression' following split from Kris Humphries

The reality star, notoriously "famous for being famous," almost ditched it all - the fame, the press, the show - following her very public split from ex Kris Humphries, she revealed in an interview with Oprah Winfrey Sunday.
"I was in such a deep depression I thought I was going to back away from it all," she told the talk show host on OWN's "Oprah's Next Chapter." "I stayed at home for almost four months and I'm a better person now, as heartbreaking as it was to go through."
The 31-year-old TV personality and her NBA beau got hitched in a whirlwind wedding last August, but called off their marriage just 72 days later.
The resulting media fallout was swift, but Kardashian admits now that in retrospect, she knows it was necessary.

"I've obviously made plenty of mistakes in my lifetime, but I'm not the type to sit and beat myself up over it," she said. "If a real lesson was learned, I'm so okay with having experienced that."
And ecstatic Winfrey declared her statement "so perfect I could weep."
At present, Kardashian and Humphries are struggling to reach an agreement in their divorce filings, but both have been in the media frequently for their new relationships.
Kardashian is currently dating rapper and longtime pal Kanye West, and Humphries is in the midst of a messy breakup with Kardashian lookalike Myla Sinanaj.

No comments:

Post a Comment