Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Angelina Jolie as Disney's Evil Sorceress Maleficent: First Photo!

Disney has just released the first photo of Angelina Jolie as evil sorceress Maleficent, and this mama of six makes bad look so good!
"I'm having a lot of fun," the 37-year-old beauty says about the film. "I've already got my horns fitted. My kids are very happy.... It sounds really crazy to say that there will be something that's good for young girls in this because it sounds like you're saying they should be a villain. [Maleficent] is actually a great person. But she's not perfect. She's far from perfect."
As Disney explains, "this is the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain, Maleficent, from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty. The film reveals the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby Aurora."
The film is being directed by two-time Oscar-winning production designer Robert Stromberg and will be his directorial debut. The flick will also star Elle Fanning, Sharito Copley, Juno Temple and Sam Riley.
"I would love to [make Maleficent]," Angelina said in 2010. "It's all new and being discussed, but I loved her when I was a little girl. She was my favorite."
You're certainly doing her justice, Angie!

No comments:

Post a Comment